A method to root and install TWRP recovery on the Virgin/Boost Samsung Galaxy J7 SM-J700P is here. Android fanatics keeping their eyes on the methods to unleash the true power of their J7 are now free to do it.
Follow the steps below to Root it..
- Download Odin here
- get the latest twrp recovery image from here
- Download SuperSU from here
- Open Odin and Load the file you downloaded in step 2 on the AP slot. Next, go on the Options tab and disable/uncheck Auto Reboot option as shown in the picture below.
- Next copy the superSU file (from step 3) to the root of your internal memory. Next put your phone in download Mode (if you haven’t already) by turning it off and then press and hold volume down + Home + power keys. Once it shows a warning message on the screen, release the 3 buttons and then press volume UP to confirm. Lastly, plug in your USB cable to the phone and PC.
- Now you’re all set to flash the recovery. Just click the start button in Odin3 and sit back.
- Once the process box above ID:COM box shows green light and flashing process is finished, disconnect your device from the cable.
- Now pull out the battery of your phone to turn it off, and wait 5 seconds.
- Put the battery back and turn on your device into recovery mode. To do so, press and hold Volume Up + HOME KEY + Power Keys together FOR 5 SECONDS ONLY, THEN RELEASE THEM AND WAIT FOR Your device TO boot up into the recovery mode.
- swipe the button that you see on your screen (2 times). Then go on install and then flash the supersu that you copied to your internal memory (from step 5).
- After installation is done, reboot your phone and that is, your device is Rooted!!