Some Sprint Samsung phones require additional configurations be done after unlocking to make them receive signal on the new carrier. If your phone does not show signal after unlocking it, then read the following guide. We will assume that you already have some knowledge on how to use CMD and adb commands on a windows PC.
- First root your Phone (find our blog posts about rooting from here )
- Your PC needs to have adb files installed in a folder or within windows itself
- open a cmd window from the folder where adb is installed or any other way you may already know
- Now type the following commands (or copy and paste them, depending on the version of windows you are using)
su (after typing this command, grant root access on the phone if you have not done it already)
am broadcast -a android.provider.Telephony.SECRET_CODE -d android_secret_code://27663368378
5. At this point, there will be a pop up window on your phone. You just need to select the following options on your phone:
-> ue setting info
->gsm(e)gprs/wcdma gcf on
-> restart phone
6. After rebooting, your phone should now be able to get signal on your new simcard.
If you have any questions please leave them in the comments section below.