This tutorial shows how to convert G930P and G935P with bootloader Revision 5 and 6 to the G930U and G935U firmware, respectively, via flashfire. Knox will not be tripped.
The process requires the device be rooted. This will be covered too. There is also a video and the bottom of text tutorial covering the same steps described.
SAMSUNG APPS that are protected by KNOX do not work after flashing your device with this method. We are still working on a way to fix that, so if you need to use the samsung apps, this method will not work for you. You will need to wait until there is an official upggrade to the U firmware bootloader to version 5 or 6.
Links to Necessary files
S7 EDGE FILES (G935P)
Preparing Your Phone
- Download the all necesarry files and Files specific to your Model.
- Install Samsung Drivers
- Enable USB Debugging on the phone and plug in to PC
- Copy the following files to your phone’s internal memory: flashfire apk, unlock apk (bootloop fix), convert s7/convert s7 edge tar file (the one you extracted) and ROOT_S7 Folder.
- Put the Phone In download Mode and connect it to PC
- open odin and flash the eng boot file for your model number
- While Phone is still rebooting, open Root.bat from the ROOT S7 folder on your pc
- wait for the process to reach 9 of 9.
- Rooting is complete after step 9, and phone will reboot.
- After phone reboots, it will probably enter in a reboot loop every minute or so
- To fix this, quickly open superSU app on your phone, then go to settings, and under Default Access, choose “Grant”
- Reboot the phone, after it reboot, open the idoneapps app on the phone.
- Wait for “Please Wait” Message to disappear. After that you can close the app, the reboot loop should be fixed now.
Flashing the G930U or G935U firmware with Flashfire
- Go to settings, then on to General Management. Change the year to 2013 (this will prevent flashfire from crashing)
- Open Flashfire on the phone
- Press the + icon in bottom right corner of the screen, on the phone.
- Select Flash Firmware Package
- Scroll down and look for the convert s7 or convert s7 edge file that you copied to your phone’s internal storage, and select it.
- wait for “scanning archive” message to disappear.
- select all partitions and then press the Check Mark in top-right corner of the screen.
- Click on EverRoot, and disable/uncheck inject supersu option, and press the check mark in the Top right corner of screen.
- Now press the Thunderbolt icon on the left side of FLASH
- Sit back and wait for the app to load and Flash the firmware. It may take about 5 Minutes to complete.
- After the flash it complete, the phone will reboot automatically.
- Once it reaches the setup screen, put it in recovery mode and wipe data and wipe cache and reboot system.
- wait for phone to reboot and then set it up. You may experience a problem with the keyboard during setup. To fix it, add US english Language to the keyboard settings (watch video if you don’t know how.
- That’s it, your phone should now be running on the U firmware with no sprint Apps.